As of Logitech Mevo Multicam version 1.4.3 you can use more than 3 Mevo Cameras. Since the Mevo Multicam app uses the controlling mobile device to encode we do not recommend you exceed 3 cameras without in-depth testing in your production environment before using it for your actual production! Your device may or may not be capable of handling more than 3 cameras simultaneously.
The setups we have tested
These configurations have been tested in a controlled environment. Your experience may differ. We recommend using the most powerful device available to you but do not recommend exceeding 3 cameras if your device does not meet or exceed the specifications of the devices shown below.
Tested Setups will be here soon!
Improve performance for your mobile device.
These are best practices, this may not improve the performance of your device enough to increase the number of cameras.
- Close all other applications on your mobile device.
- Lower brightness on your screen.
- Provide external power to your mobile device. This will lower your internal battery temperature.
- Lower your resolution for your production.
- Increase your latency for your production.
- Use a dedicated network via ethernet instead of wireless for your mobile device.
- Mevo ethernet would be beneficial but should not be prioritized over your mobile device when using Mevo Multicam
- If none of these have improved your experience, you should lower the number of cameras being used or use a newer more powerful device.
Article is closed for comments.