If a firmware update becomes available, the Mevo app will give you a notification alerting you that a firmware update is available.
Some firmware updates will be required to proceed with using the cameras while others will be optional. In either case it is recommended to use the most recent firmware version to avoid bugs from earlier versions. (We do not recommend updating directly prior to an event).
For best results, we strongly recommend connecting to Mevo's HotSpot rather than connecting over a Wi-Fi network when downloading and installing a new firmware update.
Do you need to recovery your camera? FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTION!
The LED on the front of the Start will begin flashing and the app will indicate the updates progress: downloading the firmware to the device, uploading the firmware from the device to the camera, and then the camera running the update. After the update is complete, the camera will restart and the app will indicate if the update was a success.
You may see an alert indicating that your device disconnected from the Mevo HotSpot. Selecting OK will redirect you to your device's Wi-Fi settings menu, where you can select Mevo's HotSpot again and connect to the camera.
If your Mevo firmware update fails, here are some suggestions for troubleshooting:
- - Keep both devices close to each other and make sure you are in HotSpot mode and not using Wi-Fi. Our testing has shown that hotspot mode is a more reliable connection for updating the camera's firmware.
- - Avoid performing the update in areas with many wireless devices (multiple routers, access points, connected devices, etc.), as these could cause interference.
- - Perform a hard reboot on the camera by holding down the power button for 30 seconds, releasing it, then powering the camera back on.
- - Turn on your mobile device's Airplane mode, then turn it off; this reset the devices Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections.
- - If you are unable to use your camera after the firmware updates, try the Firmware Recovery tool.
- - If you continue to have issues, or notice that the update fails immediately after pressing Update Firmware, please contact us.
Firmware Recovery Tool (Mevo & Mevo Plus Only)
We have built a tool to recover your camera's firmware via the included microSD card.
This tool should only be used as a last resort troubleshooting step if you observe that your camera is not powering on properly (i.e. no noise on startup, constantly spinning white LED ring) or the hotspot mode is not turning on properly (i.e. you see a blinking yellow light over the Wi-Fi icon when in hotspot mode).
When you finish installing the tool, launch it and connect any compatible microSD card to your computer. You can use the included microSD card and adapter. When you're ready to proceed, click Next.
Select your SD card from the drop-down menu, then click Start.
It will take a few seconds to load the firmware onto the microSD card. When the process completes, safely eject the SD card from your computer and adapter.
Make sure the Mevo camera is off, then insert the microSD into the camera and power it on.
When the LED ring stops spinning, it will turn a solid green. When this happens. press and hold the reset button on the bottom of the camera until the LED ring starts spinning, then release the button.
Your camera will be ready to use once the camera reboots.