Mevo has the ability to add basic graphics overlays such as lower thirds, over-the-shoulder graphics, and corner bugs. Once you design your image, you will need to add it to your mobile device's camera roll in order to add it to your overlay. Please note that if you wish for your image to be transparent, you must design it as such before you upload it to Mevo; you cannot edit an image's opaqueness within the Mevo app.
These basic graphics overlays allow you to add some information or customization to your stream or recording.
The Mevo app supports PNG and JPEG files.
We recommend the following resolutions:
- Corner Bugs and Lower Thirds: 180x180 pixels
- Over the Shoulder: 624x352 pixels
- Full Screen: 1920x1080 pixels
- Corner Bug: This is typically meant for displaying a small logo or icon in a corner of the screen.
- Lower Thirds: These get their name from their position on the screen, the bottom third. These are ideal for identifying people and places.
- Over-The-Shoulder (OTS): These are commonly used in TV newscasts when an anchor reads a story. These are larger images on either side of the screen meant to be displayed to enhance a presentation, such a graph or illustration pertaining to the content.
- Full Screen: This graphic will overlay the entire picture and is ideal for slates during inactivity or slides in a presentation.
Graphic overlays are only supported for streams and recordings in qualities up to 1080p. They are not compatible with 4K recordings.
Overlays will be saved to the Mevo microSD card. There is no maximum amount of graphics overlays that can be preloaded, but you will be limited by the available storage on your Mevo microSD card.
Supported Alphabets and Character Sets in Graphics
If you are using graphic overlays, you may not be able to use every keyboard or alphabet you have installed on your mobile device.
Mevo supports standard ISO Latin 1, Latin CE, Greek, and Cyrillic character sets.
Other alphabets such as Chinese, Korean, and Japanese are not supported at this time.