Mevo can accept audio from supported USB audio sources directly to the Mevo Boost via the USB-A port.
Looking for Supported Devices? CLICK HERE
Start by preparing your USB audio equipment (e.g. connect microphone to a mixer via an XLR cable) before connecting it to the Mevo Boost.
Plug your audio device into the USB-A port in the back of the Mevo Boost.
Launch the Mevo app on your mobile device. After connecting the app to the camera, make sure to Allow Mevo to access your microphone. This function allows Mevo to take audio from any external audio device, including the Mevo Boost.
Open the Options menu by tapping the three dots (•••) in the lower right corner of the live edit view.
Tap the audio icon to open the audio mixer.
The output panel will open in the lower third of the screen. Tap the mixer icon in the upper right corner to open the full audio mixer with all of your audio sources.
You may not see your USB audio device in the audio mixer immediately. To add it, tap Edit Inputs on the bottom of the screen.
A list of available audio inputs will appear. Devices connected to the Mevo Boost will be labeled as USB Audio. Tap Tap to Connect to connect the device to Mevo, then tap Done to return to the Audio Mixer.
Mevo is now receiving audio from your external USB device alongside any other connected audio devices.
If you don't want to hear audio from your Mevo's microphone or any other device, you can mute each individual source by tapping the corresponding microphone icon to the right of it.
Now Mevo will only output audio coming from your USB device.
Supported USB Audio Devices & Adapters
- Shure MOTIV MV51 Digital Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone (Silver)
- Shure X2U
- Onyx Blackjack - Discontinued
- Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 ( Scarlet 18i20 is NOT compatible)
- Behringer XENYX Q502USB
- AllEasy USB analog audio adapter
- 7.1 Channel USB External Sound Card Audio Adapter for PC Laptop
- Pyle Bluetooth 3-Channel Audio Mixer, USB Audio Interface
- **Zoom H4n Handy Recorder
**Zoom devices require a specific setup in order to work with Mevo.
Mixing All Channels for Boost USB Sources
To use the "Mix audio channels" feature in the app load and connect to the Mevo and follow these steps.
Once connected to your device, press the ellipsis.
Then go into your settings by pressing the gear.
Then press Audio & Video settings.
Now you will find the "Mix all channels" toggle switch.
When it is OFF, the device providing a mono signal as you can see remains mono.
Now we turn the "Mix audio channels" option ON
The same mono audio is now duplicated in both channels for a like stereo experience.
Things you should know:
Having the "Mix audio channel" feature ON has these effects.
- • Source is Mono- The channel is duplicated in both left and right channels for a stereo like experience.
- • Source is Stereo- Both channels are duplicated in both the left and right channels.
If the "Mix audio channel" feature is OFF this is the outcome.
- • Source is Mono- The audio will only be in the one channel.
- • Source is Stereo- The audio will remain as stereo.